Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Upping the Ante

Here's a brief summary of things on my mind today:
- 35 weeks.  Wow.
- 5ish weeks to go.  WOW. 
- We tour the birthing center today.  (I just wrote "We tour the birthday center today" before I re-read it... I think I might call it the birthday center from now on.)  We'll certainly be posting an update about that!
- We start visiting the midwives every week now.  I should find out what kind of carbs they enjoy because Jerry loves to bake.
- Pretty sure I startled Baby this morning.  By sneezing.  I sneezed, Baby flailed... it was pretty hilarious.
- The online baby registry has turned me into a stalker.  Being able to see what awesome things are headed our way is dangerous in the best sort of way.  I might need an intervention. 
- Stomach and lungs, two organs I always thought were vital to my existence... apparently they take a backseat to Baby.
- The quickest way to get your back to stop hurting is TO STOP WORKING LIKE A CRAZY PERSON AND STOP LIFTING HEAVY THINGS.  Oh and also go to the chiropractor.  Why am I so dumb sometimes??
- Our friend Liz has upped the ante on the play list front in what very well may be an unbeatable way.  Back several months ago she sent us a song suggestion list and there was a song on it that I didn't know.  I just got around to listening to it.  I also pulled up the lyrics so I could read a long.  In my office.  Well that was a giant mistake.  It's the most amazing song of all time and now I can't stop crying the good cry but crying nonetheless.  Try and manage this with dry eyes.  Well done, Liz.... well done.  One song could not possibly more perfectly say the things I am feeling and thinking about right now.  This is why we asked for your suggestions, people!  Keep them coming!  Make me laugh!  Make me cry!  Make my heart explode a little.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment