The trip to the pediatrician is probably the biggest recent news. Henry is now weighing in at a whopping 13lbs 9.5oz which puts him in pretty much the 100th percentile... I'm not exaggerating. The Dr literally said "He is in the 100th percentile". He is somewhere around 23 inches long which is in the 75th for length so he is a little large for his length but the Dr wasn't worried at all. The charts they use are for formula fed babies and she said breastfed babies tend to gain more weight faster and then level off so that's good news! My arms are really starting to feel the burn of having a 13lb baby that loves to be carried around by his mom all day. Although I will say we are finding ways around that, but more on that in a minute.
This appointment also brought a much dreaded milestone... shots. I had a near mental breakdown about these damn shots and the kid took them like a trooper! I had two nights in a row of nightmares about the shots this week and other than the typical screaming during the shots, Henry was like "yeah ok, no big deal." He had 3 shots and one drink and the drink was more of a challenge than the shots... the kid does not like to swallow anything other than milk! He screamed during the shots which nearly killed me but the nurses were so quick about it and I scooped him right up for snuggles. They left us for 15 minutes to make sure he didn't have a reaction and I was able to feed him which he thought was delightful. He fell into the deepest sleep ever and slept all through the car rides and our dinner out! He fussed last night before bed but I think his legs were understandably sore. So far this morning he is his typical delightful morning self! YAY! What a good kid.
Anyway, I mentioned earlier that we are finding ways around me carrying him all day and one of those ways has been the swing that the NJ grandparents brought us. Henry wasn't a big fan of the swing at first but he has really taken to it in the last week. He spends most of the morning after he wakes up and eats hanging out in the swing. I can eat breakfast, pump milk, and even do things like write on the blog while he chills out in his swing and talks to the walls, the dogs, his own hand. I do sit with him for long stretches while he swings and I talk to him about everything under the sun and we make faces at each other. So in honor of Henry's new love of the swing and his love of his cool kid outfit from Cousin Sam and his new boxer trick (just wait and see)... here's the latest Henry video. Hope you all are still enjoying his antics as much as we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment