Ok friends, we have a favor to ask. Well, actually, we have an opportunity to present you all with. As I eluded to in an earlier post, I have high hopes that most (if not all) of the people reading this blog will become a community of support, a tribe, a village for this baby as it navigates this crazy world. When mom and dad aren't being helpful or are the problem or are being really embarrassing again... we want this kiddo to know that there are all of these amazing people they can turn to for more advice and help.
And we want to cultivate that experience from the get-go.
So therefore, we are calling on all of you to help us create the Ultimate Welcome to the World play list. We invite each of you to give us 2 song suggestions, one for the birthing process play list and one for Baby to listen to once he or she is here. You guys can get these song titles to us one of two ways... you can leave a comment below or you can email Jerry or I with your selections.
In return, we will post the final Ultimate Welcome to the World play list on our blog for everyone to check out. We know it's pretty much destined to be the greatest play list of all time and it would be selfish of us to hoard it away all for ourselves.
The other benefit of this project is that you all get to have a presence with us when all this action goes down and we get to have you all there in more than just our minds. While everyone (obviously) won't be there in person with us, we would love to have everyone there in spirit and to be reminded of who our people are while we experience this whole shenanigan. I can't guarantee that I/we will want to listen to music the entire time, but we want to go into the experience with an awesome play list in our back pocket to help fill the time. So send us your songs... What songs will help us through laboring? What kind of vibe do you think will best serve us? What songs should Baby be introduced to ASAP? What song makes you giggle a little when you think about it playing in a birthing center while I'm a hot damn mess?
I've already put Salt-N-Pepa's Push It on the list so game on, folks. :-)
Hey guys! We (Gabe and myself ) think an awesome labor song would be The Eye of the Tiger! We haven't thought of a song for the baby yet but we're definitely going to teach the baby how to "beat the beat up" and fist pump! Lol
ReplyDeleteLove it, Di! My question is - can you really get a baby to fist pump?? We'll have to get that on video!
DeleteBased on the jabs and blows I was feeling this morning, I feel fairly confident saying Baby is on it's way to being a fist pumping champ. Love the Eye of the Tiger suggestion.
DeleteI vote for LMFAO, "Party Rock is in the house tonight!!!!"
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I'll be able to limit myself to two. Here's a start.
ReplyDeleteFor the birth: The Rising by Bruce Springsteen
For the baby: You Gotta Be by Des'ree
For either and both: Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder (and this is regardless of gender, because s/he certainly is lovely either way. This song reminds me of Kevin as a newborn and I can't hear it without crying.)
And also: Change the World by Eric Clapton. Because this baby will. Because s/he already has.
ReplyDelete