Saturday, March 31, 2012

Heaps of Happy!!

I thought about calling this post "Welcome Baby Graham!" but then decided that I might alarm/ confuse people into thinking that the bundle of fun elbowing me in the belly had entered the world early.  Don't worry, Baby Volpye is still in there cooking away.  But some wonderful friends from college just welcomed their bundle of fun into the world Thursday night.  They shared many of the same thoughts and ideas as Jerry and I in that they didn't know if they were having a boy or girl... they kept names to themselves... they worked with a midwife team.  They have also, unknowingly, been a touchstone for me as I navigate this journey.  Occasionally I would catch up with their experience via facebook or blog and I would think "Ok, that will be me in a few months".  Now their baby has arrived and "that will be me in a few months" just got a whole new meaning.  When I saw their news, I got really really teary... not just because my joy for them feels too overwhelming to process but also because I wasn't expecting to feel so ready and so excited for that to be Jerry and I in just a few months.  It's easy to say "Wow, I guess this means our baby is coming" in the overwhelmed sort of way but that's not how I'm feeling today.  Today I feel excited, prepared, confident, and positive.  I feel like this is going to be the coolest thing ever and sure, we still have many steps to cover before we are actually ready (or actually prepared) but I think the most important parts of me are prepared... my mind and my heart are prepared.  So welcome to the world Graham and thank your parents for continuing to be a huge source of inspiration and happiness in my life!  Can't wait to meet you!

Side note - The other reason I've been so excited for these friends to have their baby is that I've been so curious about their name selection!  We are fairly similar in many ways and I have been obsessively trying to decide which name was going to get crossed off of our list because they picked it first!  But not to worry, I adore the name Graham AND it's not on our list! 

In other happy news, I had a great check up with the midwife Thursday.  And I passed the Glucose Challenge Test with no issues whatsoever.  HOORAY!  All other tests/ indicators/ things they check look great according to Kelly the midwife.  One step closer to my body being as prepared as my mind and heart are! 

(I wrote this post yesterday but didn't get around to actually posting it so to cap off the happy news, Jerry is home from Vegas!  YAY!  He got home at close to 1am so he is still sleeping but he is back.  We are all so happy to have him home, especially the dogs... they were planning to revolt... apparently I'm boring.)

No comments:

Post a Comment