That's right everyone... still here! Still pregnant! Still waiting to meet Baby! The good news is that my spirits are high and I am feeling relatively calm about the whole thing. The bad news is that... well, I guess there really isn't any bad news. After a fairly anxiety ridden week surrounding the due date last Tuesday, I have found myself giving over to a much more relaxing "Oh it'll happen when it happens" attitude. I think I needed the due date, my own silent prediction date, everyone elses prediction dates, and then a few more days on top of that to come and go... I needed the anxiety of feeling like it had to happen on a certain date or time to be released. Once those dates came and went, I found myself breathing easier and, to be totally honest, feeling like "F it! I am apparently not in control of this! Do your thing Baby/body... I'll just be over here waiting."
We had the biophysical profile (which I now know the actual name, Thanks Aunt Joyce!) on Monday and everything looked great. Plenty of pool left for Baby to swim around in. No signs of distress, lots of movement, good everything. And we got kind of a neat picture of a tiny nose and mouth out of the deal! Oh also, Baby stuck it's tongue out at us. That's clearly our child in there.
Yesterday, Jerry made me an appointment with our acupuncturist to see if some strategic needles could help, he does a number of labor stimulations every year with pretty good success so we shall see. (There is about a 48 hour window after treatment that it can effect things.) Then yesterday afternoon we had class and our checkup. Our classmates were surprised to see us, a few people lost bets, and we had a good class. The checkup was a typical checkup with Laurie the midwife. The lady couldn't possibly be more casually professional. I love her. Heartbeat was super strong, movement is crazy, and she said Baby had dropped even lower which I was surprised about because honestly I was thinking if Baby got any lower, we would be meeting it.
We scheduled an appointment for a non-stress test tomorrow afternoon if I am still in this lovely state. Apparently that means they check for stress on the Baby by hooking me up to the fetal monitor for a bit to watch heart rate accelerations and decelerations... wouldn't want a stressed out baby in there. ;-)
Jerry has been amazing this whole time about balancing work and making sure I stay entertained and sane. He had every right to be an anxiety ridden mess but instead he is supportive and funny and pretty much just great. Especially at night when I get cranky because I'm tired and Baby won't stop trying to ninja chop it's way out. I've been trying to explain to it that there is a perfectly reasonable way out that does not involve assaulting my major organs and ribcage but it apparently thinks it's a baby chicken and is trying to peck/claw/punch it's way out every night from about 7pm-10pm. Nice.
So that's pretty much all the news there is, other than the fact that it's oh I don't know 900 degrees outside. Today's plan - find a comfortable position on the couch, point a fan directly at myself, and drink my weight in water. Or... I don't know... maybe have a Baby?? Maybe? Body, what do you think? I hear they have air conditioning at the birthing center...
No comments:
Post a Comment